Robert LaThanhJust sharing my findings, mostly. There's a little bit more about me on my About Me page.
Top Posts & Pages
- Beware of DVI-I Cables (they are Not Compatible with DVI-D Devices)
- HTTP Status Codes 401 Unauthorized and 403 Forbidden for Authentication and Authorization (and OAuth)
- AT&T U-verse for the Curious Consumer - The Residential Gateway and Wiring Options
- AT&T U-verse -- A Network Geek's Perspective
- Two Subnetworks on One LAN, and Linux arp_filter
Category Archives: portmanteau
Schrödinger’s Laugh [shroh-ding-ers laf] -noun The strong expression by one that paradoxically may be either laughing or wailing, this being tied to an earlier random event. It creates an awkward period during which the observer does not know which and … Continue reading
bebooper [bee-boo-per]: beep + boop + computer -noun Those things in movies that look like computers, but beep or boop every time something is clicked on, whir whenever there’s a progress bar, or ever show an “ACCESS DENIED” message in … Continue reading
WREST [rest] = Website + REST -noun A RESTful API service that is made available to its own website. The distinguishing behavior from a regular RESTful API is that calls coming from the client are identified the same way as … Continue reading
haircro [hair-kroh]: hair + Velcro -noun When hair is cut very short (using, say, #2 on clippers), the hair holds hoodie hoods on like it’s Velcro — but it’s hair!